Gamer Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamer Geeks

A Save Haven for Total Game Addicts

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inGoldmine GamesInfected Webpages!
Gamer Geeks: A safe haven for total game addicts!
UPCOMING EVENTS: No events to look foward to. SAD FACE Sad
MESSAGE OF FEBURARY '10: Now you must be wondering, "what is fire?" Well that's because you're an idiot. YO u might also ask questions similar to "what am the sky?" or "how does eat food?"
SpartanPie's Quote of the Month: Yes, Caboose. I'm a gay robot.

A new comic I'm making: RUNES

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Noir003
Founder and GGM Writer
Founder and GGM Writer
Noir003

Gamer Points : 7040

RPG Character Status
HP:
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue50/50A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
EXP (gained by posting):
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue0/100A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
Level: 1

A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty
PostSubject: A new comic I'm making: RUNES   A new comic I'm making: RUNES EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 am

I'm making a new comic while I wait for a chance to scan Dark Mage. It also includes magic, but focuses on a timeline closer to the present. The main character, Daryll, is a 15 year old magician. And he protects the city in which he lives in, but in secret, while trying to get through school, as he's constantly picked on, and only has two friends. One is a girl named Autumn. She's peppy, but not too much, and she sketches (although she's not the best at it...). And Daryll's other friend is a boy who's name and personality hasn't yet been made yet. That's because I want to make him a funny character, but one who can also, at times, be a bit of a role model for Daryll. So, here's the descriptionI'm going to put on the prologue page:

It's an alternate timeline. In this similar world, magic is forbidden, as it's thought to be a satanical force. For 15-year-old Daryll, it's a secret. With not a single memory to build upon but the moment he was gifted a book shadowed in magical spells and secrets, he has set out on a journey to nowhere. Slowly, demons have been amassing in secret, and only are minors of what are to come. Not too many people know of their existance, as the government hides these horrible occurances from society, to calm the public. And the government is not doing anything to stop the demons. Or the real term should be that they cannot. With weapons useless, the government has no choice but to do nothing but cover up incidents. They lie and say that it is a small time enemy, and that people should not be afraid. But Daryll learns through magic and knowledge. The only people who know of the demons are victims... at least, the ones that survive. With people discovering the demons and liberating the city with that knowledge, the government has been taking those people into "custody" and erasing their memory. The demons have only been attackting this city. But why? No one knows. When Daryll passed through this target city, he was attacked by a demon in the park at night, with no one around. With no choice but to use his magic from his book, Daryll cast out the demon to oblivion. Realizing more demons approachng, he defeated them. Even more arrive, and Daryll prepares to attack, when a tank appears behind him. With the tank's barrel firing nonstop, the demons don't die. Daryll learns of the fact that this city is unprotected. Daryll is lucky that he was not spotted, as he would be prosectuted for using magic, and taken into "custody" to get his memory erased for seeing the demon. He slips away silently. With nowhere to go, and nothing to do, Daryll decides to live in the city, and to protect it, from the demons that no one else can seem to kill...

So, based on this storyline, I'm taking ideas for a title! Anyone got a good idea?

EDIT: I came up with a name, and its called Runes. The title refers to the runes in Daryll's book that requre dechiphering.

Last edited by JoeyGGM27 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:53 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : YO MOMMA)
Back to top Go down
https://gamergeeks.forumotion.com
Noir003
Founder and GGM Writer
Founder and GGM Writer
Noir003

RPG Character Status
HP:
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue50/50A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
EXP (gained by posting):
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue0/100A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

PostSubject: Re: A new comic I'm making: RUNES   A new comic I'm making: RUNES EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:51 pm

My image hosting site is screwy, so I can only post the colored version of Autumn, but here it is! I drew Daryll and Autumn in chibi form, and TomS scanned them for me. But like I said, my hosting site is screwy, so I can only post the finished version of Autumn, otherwise known as the color version. Tell me what you think! Did I shade it good, or bad? Considering I drew it, and redefined the lines, do you think I drew it well, or not so good? Everyone's opinion counts!

Here it is :

SMALL

A new comic I'm making: RUNES Autumn12

LARGE

A new comic I'm making: RUNES Autumn11

For largest size, click this link below:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f85/13/75/97/66/autumn10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Dusk001
Co-Admin: WTF is wrong with all you
Co-Admin: WTF is wrong with all you
Dusk001

Gamer Points : 6836

RPG Character Status
HP:
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue0/0A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP (gained by posting):

PostSubject: Re: A new comic I'm making: RUNES   A new comic I'm making: RUNES EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:56 pm

no just no
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Founder and GGM Writer
Founder and GGM Writer
Noir003

RPG Character Status
HP:
EXP (gained by posting):

PostSubject: Re: A new comic I'm making: RUNES   A new comic I'm making: RUNES EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 am

Let me rephrase that:

Everyone but Alec's opinion counts!
Back to top Go down
pena-coolada
Brawl Trophy...
Brawl Trophy...
pena-coolada

Gamer Points : 5310

RPG Character Status
HP:
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue500/500A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
EXP (gained by posting):
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue100/100A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Level:

PostSubject: Re: A new comic I'm making: RUNES   A new comic I'm making: RUNES EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:18 pm

i think the shading is very nice and in the right places but keep in mind i am far from an artist so don't take my opinion at face value
Back to top Go down
pena-coolada
Brawl Trophy...
Brawl Trophy...
pena-coolada

Gamer Points : 5310

RPG Character Status
HP:
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue500/500A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
EXP (gained by posting):
A new comic I'm making: RUNES Left_bar_bleue100/100A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Level:

PostSubject: Re: A new comic I'm making: RUNES   A new comic I'm making: RUNES EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:19 pm

taking a further look and it may be on purpose there is a white outline that may be tom's scanner or you may have done that but i thought it was worth posting
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Founder and GGM Writer
Founder and GGM Writer
Noir003

RPG Character Status
HP:
EXP (gained by posting):

PostSubject: Re: A new comic I'm making: RUNES   A new comic I'm making: RUNES EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:28 pm

At first, (at school) I thought you meant the shine of Autumn's hair. Now I know what you mean. The color filling leaves a small bit of white there when filling black inside black outlines for emphasis or some other unnecessary reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new comic I'm making: RUNES   A new comic I'm making: RUNES Empty

Back to top Go down

A new comic I'm making: RUNES
Page 1 of 1